Wednesday, August 26, 2009

News!

First things first - DOCS finally did our referee checks on the 17th & 18th of August, after telling me they were doing them on the 24th of July. Then I received an email on the 21st telling me about the dates for our training course - YEAH!!!! Even though those dates are in November, at least it's progress.

How do I feel about this? It's a funny thing, I went from being a little bit anxious & eager for them to hurry up & get the referee checks done, to feeling quite nervous now that things are really, really happening. Darren just wants it all to be done & for us to have a child with us.
We were lying in bed talking about our yearly camping trip & he was saying where will the kid sleep? and that we'll need to take a microwave to heat bottles & what about the extra room needed in the car (we pack it like a tetris game now!) And I just had to tell him to put it all out of his head & worry about it later! Otherwise like me - he'll never get any sleep!

I want to start planning - God knows I love a plan & a good list. But - it just feels too early. I'm having a hard enough time trying to make a bedroom out of a store/craft/game playing room as it is. I thought I had got rid of a lot of stuff out of that room, but really it's not enough. I don't want it to feel like we are just shoving the child in anywhere - it has to feel like a real space for them. Also we had a big BBQ on Saturday night & little Abbey was over (she has just turned one) she spent the whole time showing me exactly how to child proof my place! All the stuff we moved out of her way will now need to find a new home. She was very helpful!!

I've had a couple more orders for cards from the nursing home & will have to spend this weekend filling an order for 20. My aim is to try & do double that & then a few more as often as possible to try & build up a bit of a stockpile - that way I don't have to stay up til 1 in the morning trying to get them done on time. Also I want to take some to work & see if there is any interest there.

My birthday is coming up - always exciting. We are booked to see Avenue Q on the 12th so I have booked a room at the Swissotel in the city for the Friday & Saturday night. Darren & I will have a bit of alone time (I'll be dragging him to the Pandora store!) & then Jess & Adam will join us on Saturday night for the show. I'm also hoping to see Yan, Michael & Ayisha before they fly out on the Sunday, but this might be too sad!

1 comment:

Janna said...

I know how you feel about the anticipation, then the "holy sh!t" moment. I really hope it all comes together for you & Darren! And I hear you on the cleaning up. Sigh - we're getting our floors done (we're getting laminate) and we've elected to rip out the carpet & move the furniture ourselves to save money. Can't wait til that happens (Yeah, I'm being fairly sarcastic there). All my love to you, dear.