Monday, April 27, 2009

Commitment

So it's been a busy few days. Been talking to D a lot about our application to DOCS. I'm a little scared/worried about him going into an interview with DOCS case workers & anyone who knows him would understand why!
So I keep bringing up little questions to see what he will say. Like why do you want to foster?, & how will you discipline a naughty child?. Maybe I'm not giving him enough credit, his answers have been mostly OK, and the man is quite susceptible to others opinions, so after he answers I then say what I would say, and let him take that in. We mostly agree on our answers - he just lacks in the delivery. I would give anything to be a fly on the wall in his individual interview.

I also started a diet food program, with the food being delivered all prepared for you. This is the perfect lazy persons diet. I love it! though not a great start was had. On the very first day, we were out for lunch & dinner. I could have taken the dinner with me, but you know the dinner was at the Morphis' and you don't pass that up!
Sunday was much better, even though I was out at lunch time, I was at a friends so I took my lunch with me. So Sunday I only ate the program food. This was hard but not awful, it was a card making party and J (the host) had supplied heaps of food - sweet & savoury. I just tried really hard to ignore it & only had a couple of pieces of celery. And I hope to go on that way. D is great with this. He doesn't expect me to cook for him & is quite happy to look after himself. I do think it would be harder if I was having to get his food organised as well.
I also have to try to eat s l o w e r - I have a habit of eating to fast, and still feeling hungry. So I'm working on that also.

On top of the food, I'll be getting off the train one stop early & walking from there. That's about a 30 minute walk for me. I've done it before, but always gave up after only a couple of times. The goal is not to give up this time. It will be hard now that its colder & darker and I'll be damned if I'm doing it in the rain! But D says do it or I'll cancel the food - so that's my incentive! He thinks.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Maybe try drinking a big glass of water before you eat, so you feel fuller sooner?
Janna