Thursday, April 23, 2009

Done

Today we filled in the Foster Carers Online Application Form for DOCS. I'm in two minds about this. The process can take such a long time, so it is better to get things started.
BUT, on one hand I'm faced with the thought that I'm not ready to give up the chance of carrying a child myself. I'm thinking about experiencing pregnancy, birth & breastfeeding. All those things that bring a mother & child together, am I ready to realise that those things won't happen for me? I'm not. And even though I know that you don't have to carry a child, or breastfeed it to love it, I'm jealous of everyone who gets to have that.
On the other hand, I know that D & I will be able to love & bond with any child that comes our way. I know that about myself, I know how I am. It's just scary to let go of those other dreams.
This is only the first step. We have a long way to go.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Don't give up on having "your own" child. I feel the same way sometimes, but becoming a parent one way doesn't stop you from pursuing the other methods!

Janna