Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Grainy






So if you can make these out - you're a star!

The images I have are clearer & the DVD is really good - glad I payed the $15 for that.

Top Left is 2 feet, top right is upper limbs, bottom left is head profile - that little white bit almost in the centre of the screen is the nasal bone & bottom right is an upside down baby with a leg & foot at the top and an arm & hand in the middle - beats me!

These are from my 4th scan on the 15th of January - we spent ages while the technician checked all the anatomy markers - then had to go out & wait for the baby to change position so she could get a good reading on the heart. All is well. It is so cool to get to see our baby this way, Even if half the time we have no clue as to what we are looking at!

While the scan shows everything is normal - my glucose level test is telling a different story as far as I'm concerned. My levels are bad so I do have gestational diabetes. I'm not really surprised, it's not as if I've ever had normal levels, it's just a little more important at the moment to keep them under control. So I have to make an appointment with a diabetic educator & I guess I'll get given a diet to follow. I'm still waiting for them to call me back with an appointment time. All this means that I will definitely be having this baby at St.George Hospital.

Everything else is going along fine. Darren & I spent a lot of time last weekend sorting out the baby's room (oooohhh "the baby's room") it freaks me out being able to say that! Mainly clearing off the big bookcase - I can't believe how much crap I had managed to fit on that thing. Mum wants to paint in the next couple of weeks before Dad & her head to KL. So it needs to ready. Darren also very sadly packed away his V8 Supercar pictures & paraphernalia - stating that it was all coming back out again if we have a boy - I said "what if it's a boy who likes ballet?" he didn't quite know how to cope with that!

So that's it for the moment. I'll see the diabetes people & have my next clinic visit in a little over a month. And I guess once the room's painted we'll look at getting the curtains, cot etc organised. Less then half way to go now!! Woo Hoo.

1 comment:

Janna said...

Yay! Glad to hear everything went well, hopefully your gestational diabetes will be easy to control. To say those pics are grainy is an understatement - I can't see a thing! I'm still waiting on a belly pic, missy. Please?