Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Beep

I'm living by that sound "beep" at 8.30am, "beep"at 10.30am, "beep" every freakin' 2 hours of my waking life!!!!!!!!!!!!

So I'm going to have a small whinge - I'm starting to hate that beep & it's only been 12 days. Gestational Diabetes is the pits. Blah, blah - I know it's not forever, I know it's my own fault for being fat, I know that other people put up with heaps worse for their whole lives - but it's still shitty.
The food bit isn't worrying me, it's more the schedule that's bugging me. Eat now, test now, stick that insulin needle in now. BEEP!!!!

Right - moving on..... I have only gained 200grams since October 29th! This is amazing to me - cause nothing fits & I don't look like I've only gained 200grms. Just goes to show how much energy it takes to grow another human.

The movement factor has picked up heaps too. I feel a bunch of stuff during the day, but at night when I get in bed I spend heaps of time on the same page in my book because I don't want to move my hand away from the kicking to turn the page! I've said it before, but it's such a cool feeling. I'm getting real thuds & pushes, & sometimes it feels like there's a gymnastics display going on in there, I can picture the tiny mats & a pummel horse.

The other big event I'm looking forward to is my front row view at Huey Lewis, 1927 & Richard Clapton on the 20th March - so happy to have front row for this. Talk about a flash back. I've filled my iPhone with all their songs & have been trying not to sing out loud on the train (no-one needs to hear that!).
We booked accommodation here http://www.camwayestate.com.au/ - not extra fancy - but not a pub either! That weekend is also our 11th wedding anniversary & I'm calling it a babymoon too. Just a shame I can't indulge in the wineries all around the venue!

Mum has been working very hard in the nursery & I think it's about half way there, we still need curtains for the window & also for the cupboard - we'll do the sliding doors later. Also a little bit of finishing off painting before we can apply the Pooh wall stickers. Then we can do the exciting bits like putting in the cot, change table & rocking chair - I can't wait to see it all set up. And I still can't believe that I'm getting to do any of this at all!

1 comment:

Janna said...

Okay, I'm officially starting to get jealous! I'd love to be able to feel a baby kicking inside me. Who know, could still happen (though preferably after the adoption - I don't want to delay that any more than it already is). Though I'd have to lose a crapload of weight! I've said it over & over & over, but I'll say it again, I really wish I was there to experience this all with you. Can't wait to see the finished nursery! Take care, momma!