Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Sooner

So in my last post I talked about them upping my insulin sooner rather than later - it was sooner - real soon - in fact it was that afternoon! And they've gone up twice more since then & will continue to do so as my hormone levels go up. My endo was happy with my weight though - I'm still just below my pre-pregnancy weight.

So now I'm injecting before breakfast, lunch & dinner & testing glucose levels 4 times a day - that's 7 needle pricks a day - I can't tell you how over it I am already! It's not stressing me like it was before but I still don't like it. My mantra has become "it's not forever"....

On a happier note for me - I've finalised all my maternity leave - that is unless I go extra early. So my last day at work will be the 23rd of April. I cannot wait. the struggle to get here every morning is not good & it's becoming quite rare for me to put in a 5 day week. Although that was pretty rare before I was pregnant too!

Today the weather is finally cooler - but over the weekend & on Monday it was very, very hot & I had another dose of 3 nights without sleep - which led to finding myself actually crying when my alarm went off on Tuesday morning & ringing Darren to tell him I could not go to work. Jess came & got me & dropped me at mum's so I could relax in the air con. Mum & Dad are in Malaysia so Darren & I actually stayed there last night & plan to tonight as well. I had my best nights sleep in ages - only 2 bathroom trips! I still feel tired today, but at least I'm not "cry tired" anymore! In fact Darren & I might just stay there until Saturday when the folks get home.

I've got my 3rd antenatal clinic visit on Friday afternoon, this is the first at St. George Hospital though. It's in the exact same place as the diabetic educator & the endo, so at least I know where to go. We also plan to do the maternity ward tour some time in the next few weeks. They run every Tuesday night.

Baby is moving around heaps & definitely knows EXACTLY where my bladder is! It's so odd to sometimes have a tummy that is rock hard on one side & all floppy, soft on the other! Jack/Sophie is also good at becoming completely still when Darren puts a hand near my belly, poor thing has only felt a couple of kicks because of this. Also I get a lot of movement in bed at night & though Darren's there - he is usually dead asleep (lucky guy!) so I don't wake him just to feel it (not when he has to get up at 4am).

This weekend we are going to move some furniture around - we want to fit the bassinet in our room beside the bed. So have to move the camphor wood chest out of there & into the baby's room. Which means re-arranging that room too. Also I might see if Darren's mum wants to get the mattresses for the cot & bassinet this weekend. And we still need to sew some extra length on the curtains covering the cupboard. So still a bit to do yet. When all that stuff is done I'll put up some more photos.


4 comments:

Janna said...

Sounds like you're getting there! Not long to go now, I can't wait to see pics of Jack/Sophie! Only 2 more month of work, then you'll be off (for how long?). Miss you!

Vicki said...

I've put in for a year off starting on the 23rd of April - but if we need it financially I can go back earlier - I really don't want to though! And you know me - I've already worked out that it's only 34 actual working days left! cause I'm taking some time at Easter & I've got a couple of annual leave days booked.
Then hopefully - again depending on the cash situation - I'm hoping to only go back 3 days a week.

Janna said...

Sounds great! Are you going camping this Easter? I wish I could take a year off, but when you adopt you only get 9 months mat leave. That bites - only people who actually give birth get the full 12 months. You'd think adopted kids would need the full 12 months, for attachment reasons, but the Ontario government says no. They can suck it. Still, 9 months paid leave is better than nothing.

Vicki said...

yep we are going camping - though I have reserved the right to go home if I can't hack it. The only problem I forsee at the moment is the dismount situation for the bed! I usually roll on my tummy & back off - but that won't be happening in April. Darren has been warned that EVERY time I need to go pee - he will be awoken!