Monday, February 8, 2010

Nearly

After a very busy weekend the nursery is almost completed. Thanks hugely to Ma & Pa.... apart from knowing (pretty much) what they are doing - Mum is a great motivator. Just do it now!!!



Measuring up for the often cursed stripes (thanks Louise!! )



More measuring & marking.



Dad putting up the trim - it has a pretty vine pattern carved in it.



Mum checking Dad's work!



I think this is more trim stuff.



Stripes all done.



Woohoo - an actual cot in my house - for my baby!





This room now has the cot, change table & bassinette in it & we are going to be getting a rocking chair from Cindy soon also. Last night before bed I caught Darren adjusting the change table position again - he said "I can't help myself". It's so nice to have it looking ready.
So we still need mattresses for the cot & bassinette - Darren's folks are getting these. And that is basically it for the big stuff. We contemplated getting out the pram also - but held off! barely...
In other news - I'm still only on one dose of insulin a day - but I've been told it will be going up - sooner rather than later. I'm feeling better about the whole thing, now that I've had time to process it & now that I realise that I can't control it on my own.


2 comments:

Janna said...

Oh WOW! That looks awesome! The only thing missing - pictures of you! Please? Pretty please? You can just email them to me, you don't have to post them for all to see.
By the way - the verification word is "facked". Heh.

Kris said...

I've caught up on your life no good bout the diabetes but it doesn't matter as long as your healthy. St George is an unreal hospital. Miss you all so much. I'm doing Taylah's high school application. We are looking at building on our acreage.