Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Six

Woohoo - only 6 more working days to go. I'm so looking forward to turning off that alarm. I know that soon I'll have an alarm that needs feeding & changing but at least I won't have to get dressed & leave the house for that one!

Since my last entry we've been pretty busy. I had a clinic visit on the 30/3 with a doctor. Mum came with me & got to hear the heartbeat again - very strong. I get teary every time I hear it. And just now typing this I got a big swell of excitement at meeting this baby soon - instead of dread at what's to come during labour. I'll just have to focus on the outcome more than the pain!

We've had 3 antenatal classes now & have 3 to go. I'm so glad we did them. And even though Darren was not sure about them in the beginning he now says he's glad too. We've both learnt a lot. Although now Darren is adamant that I not have the forceps or ventouse (vacuum) - like he's got a choice! And like I want to anyway!

We had our annual Easter camping trip, & as usual it rained, but it was bearable & no one suffered any leaking or issues.

Darren in his TARP NAZI pose... he is so funny - meddling with the tarp set up for 4 days only to take it all down again!

Isabella & Sandra, enjoying the sun, before it disappeared.

Tyson in his bike gear.

On Easter Monday Mum, Dad & Jaydan came down - so Mum & Jay could take over the site for 5 days. We then all went to see the Conellan's (cousins) who live close by. It was nice to catch up.

When we got home Darren & I spent the next day sorting out the linen press, getting rid of old stuff & sorting everything into matching sets & sizes. It looks much better now. And I've just realised I should have taken a before shot.

We also tackled Darren's side of the wardrobe - he tried everything on & got to know how it feels when things just don't fit anymore! And I managed to get rid of some of his daggy stuff.

On Thursday we went & saw the 3D Alice in Wonderland - I really liked it & Darren says he did too.
Then on Friday night we went to dinner at a Seafood place called BayBlu - we took Darren's parents as a thank you for the baby stuff they've been doing - & for future babysitting services. We had the seafood platter as you can see below - way too much food for my belly with way too much baby in it!


And this is how my fur kids spent most of the week - the temperature drops a few degrees & they act like it's the middle of a nuclear winter - funny things!

2 comments:

Janna said...

Awww, snuggling kittehs! I'm so jealous! Love the pic with Darren & the tarp too! Andrew would have loved that seafood platter. It's his b-day on Friday so we're doing a BBQ (if it doesn't rain) with our (adoption) friends Shaun & Alicia. I'm really looking forward to seeing his reaction to his pressie, I hope it's good!

Wa@Wawek@Siti ;) said...

I get super excited everytime I read you blog! Hope to visit you and everyone there, soon!!!