Monday, March 29, 2010

Away

Here are a couple of shots from our weekend in the Blue Mountains. We had a great time & Lilianfels was absolutely beautiful. The weather was great & our room was spacious & comfortable. We went to the Norman Lindsay Gallery (I keep wanting to say "Harvey Norman Gallery") it was very busy as they were having a children's literacy festival which we didn't know about. We got a copy of the 9oth anniversary edition of The Magic Pudding - I love this book & now baby has a copy too.

Entry to Resort.



Darren at High Tea.


Magic Pudding Statue at the Gallery.

Indoor pool at the resort.
Lovely lounge area where high tea was held & a man played piano each night.

And here is the pram all put up & some photo's of the almost finished nursery.

After the baby shower we will sort out everything & label these baskets appropriately.

I still haven't got a cot mattress, but I do have some time before we'll need it - so no hurry.
I just noticed Pyewackett is in the shot, sneaky thing.
I should have stuck the branch up a little bit higher - so Pooh's bum isn't on the rail, but by the time I realised I didn't want to unstick all the pieces - so that's how it's staying!
That beautiful rocking chair is a lend from Cindy - it is so comfortable.

Not much elst to report, as usual I'm tired and I'm ready to stop peeing now - really!
This Thursday we head to Kiama for camping, & I'm still in 2 minds about how that's going to go - mostly it's the nightime peeing that will be an issue. Darren is truely about to learn exactley how many times a night I get up!!

4 comments:

Janna said...

LOVE the pic of Darren at high tea. That guy kills me! Sounds like a nice relaxing trip - was it a babymoon? Love the nursery - so cute, can't wait to get started on mine. What brand of pram is that? It's really nice. Your package should be in the mail today.

Vicki said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Vicki said...

I know! he makes that silly grin all the time!
The pram is a Steelcraft Strider DLX - I love it, it has the capsule, bassinet & stroller attachments all for the one base.
I can't wait to see your package (heh)

Janna said...

My package IS impressive!