Friday, March 5, 2010

Growth

I had my first Clinic visit at St George with a doctor instead of a midwife yesterday. All is well, & he was very happy with baby's growth & my lack of weight gain, but he did tell me that I would be induced either at week 38 or 39 as they do this with all the GD patients.

So according to their dates for me - which seem to fluctuate, I could be induced around these dates -

week 38 - 23rd of May
week 39 - 30 May

That also means my 6 weeks between finishing work & baby arriving could be as short as 4 weeks! I had been avoiding reading any info about inducement or cesareans, hoping I wouldn't need to - but I guess I better get informed now. Also I'm pretty much on fortnightly visits to the clinic from now on & at week 32 they'll send me for another ultrasound, to check growth. Guess I'll have to update my ticker once they give me an inducement date.

In other news - my Huey Lewis concert has been postponed - Goddammit! Apparently they have recording commitments & won't be able to tour at that time. So, so disappointed. We have 2 options, either we return our tickets now for a refund or we hang on to them because they will be valid for the new dates, & then when we get the new dates we can return them for a refund if we can't attend.
We've decided to hang on to the tickets & see what the new dates are. And we are still going to the Hunter Valley on the original weekend anyway as we've paid for the accommodation already & it is still our wedding anniversary. Sucks though.

1 comment:

Janna said...

OMG, I am sooooo excited! Maybe I should start playing the lottery so I can win money & come see you & the new bub! Maybe they'll be born on Darren's b-day! This is all sooooooo exciting! How are you going to deal with 2 Gemini's in the house? Bummer about the Huey Lewis concert, though. But if you need to cancel the tickets you'd be "doin' it all for my baby", har de har har.