Monday, March 8, 2010

Done

Lots of things marked off the list this weekend & a few things added!

First of all Dad & Darren got the cat mesh put up on the balcony - so now the cats can be outside & we don't need to worry about them going over the railing. So no more "shut the door!" yelling. They were very interested in the installation as well - except when the drill was out!


Take note of the obligatory beer!


Last bit, - you can't see him but Supercat was hanging on the screen door watching very carefully.

Almost done.


We got out of this by doing DIY for around $100. When the catmax people came they quoted over $800!! Thanks heaps to Dad - for knowing what he's doing!

And we finally broke open the pram boxes that we've had since October -
Darren wanted me to be sure & label this photo with the comment that his head was actually itchy & this was not in any way a "thinking" pose!

I've just realised I never took an actual good all finished photo of the pram - will do so for next post.
On Sunday we also moved the furniture around in the nursery & our bedroom, I think it is how it will stay now - but who knows - I may change my mind again. I'll also put those photo's up next time.
Adding to our list - the mattress for the cot is too big (wide) so we took it back - but they don't seem to make the narrower size anywhere, so we'll have to get one custom made. I found a place at Sans Souci who'll do it for $179. We've just got to check if Ayisha's one will fit & if that doesn't I'll be ringing Sans Souci. And also the cat door needs to be put in.
And I know - there's no photo's of me on here - I tried to get some showing the baby belly - but to me it still just looks like I'm fat. I'll try again soon! Sorry Janna!

6 comments:

Janna said...

Just post a picture of you already! Jeez! The cat mesh looks great, well done Darren & Tom! Now, how is it that there isn't a mattress in Sydney to fit your cot - it was purchased in Sydney! That's just dumb on the part of baby stores.

Vicki said...

I promise next post will contain a photo of me! The cot is 12 years old & apparently the standard width has gone up from 600cm to 690cm - pain in the butt.

Janna said...

Geez, what bummer! How are the cats liking the outdoors? It's been sunny & fairly warm here for about a week now, so our kittehs are all, it's sunny, I can go out, yes? Pip runs out every time we open the door, and rolls around on the porch. Silly moggy.

Anonymous said...

That second shot looks like Lanky is wearing a Right Said Fred singlet top and that maybe dad is pulling at it ;)

I hate missing out on this stuff, I miss Oz....

ML

Vicki said...

Your not the first one to notice Darrens' "mesh shirt" it looks pretty funny.
We miss you being here too.
COME HOME!

Unknown said...

Yeah Michael, what Vicki said