Friday, May 14, 2010

24th!!

Oh my God! Official inducement date & time - 7pm Monday the 24th of May.

I'm alternating between excitement & stress!

I've said it before but I feel like I peed on that stick 2 days ago & now this baby is only about 11 sleeps away!!
All the material stuff is ready - I've made up the bassinet, the clothes are all washed, everything is put away in labelled baskets. I've even packed a bag for labour, a bag for the ward & a bag for the baby.

But I"M NOT READY!!!!!!!!

I wake up & the first thing I see is that bassinet & at the moment I get to use it to put the clothes on that I took off last night! In a very short time it will contain a little being that I'm COMPLETELY responsible for!! I sometimes freak out that I've got a mortgage & a real job - how do I bring up another whole person???

I want my child to be confident & happy & feel loved & wanted & content - how do you do that & instill a sense of responsibility, empathy & understanding for others. I don't want some little spoilt brat that people talk about when we leave. How do you ever say no to the child you've waited 10 years for???

This is going to be hard.

2 comments:

Janna said...

I think one thing to do to raise a well-balanced child is to say "no" once in a while. But that'll start later, when they're a little bit older. For now, it's enough for them to know that mommy & daddy are there, no matter what. But I am not a parent, so what do I know?

Yan said...

u'r gonna be GREAT Vicki!! :))) am sooooo happy we're gonna be there to welcome ur lil one!