Friday, May 21, 2010

Nearly

So 3 sleeps to go.
I'm enjoying a few lazy days - not doing much at all.
Michael, Yan & Ayisha have arrived & we are just hanging out & spending time together.
Ayisha is such a happy, smiley baby. I hope our baby is just as good natured.

Darren finishes work today for a 2 week break. I wish he could have longer off, but it's not possible. He is getting a little quieter about the baby stuff. And has said on a number of occasions that he hopes he will be a good dad. I told him that the fact that he's even worrying about being a good dad means that he is aware of dad stuff & will be fine. Plus he'll just do what I tell him anyway!

We are both nervous about Monday night. We plan to have an "us" day on Monday - movies & a nice meal probably. I can't decide what I want to eat. I also want to check I've got everything packed for the hospital. I finally got my birth plan printed out - but for some reason I'm thinking it won't even make it out of the bag. I'm trying to get into my head that things will just flow & all will be fine & before we know it I'll finally be holding my own baby.

Bring it on!

1 comment:

Janna said...

Make sure the birth plan makes it out of your bag. My mom, a long time maternity nurse, advised me that "large" women are at a higher risk of needing intervention during childbirth. We're both hoping that this will not be the case for you, of course, but best to be prepared in case something happens. You guys are going to be awesome parents - though I'm having a little trouble picturing Darren with a little baby since I don't know that I've ever seen him hold one. Enjoy your final days with the bub on the inside! Know that I love you & I'll be saying lots of prayers for you on Monday. Good thing I'll have the day off! And give your family my love.