Monday, October 19, 2009

Eight

As you can see by my ticker we are currently at week eight.
And I am feeling it.
I am feeling the sore boobs, the constant nausea, the tiredness & the crabbiness. And I'm sure Darren is feeling it too!
I keep reminding myself that I wanted this, that I prayed for this, that I wished for this, over & over again throughout the last 10 years. But man I hate the vomiting!

Work is also sucking right now. The new system is not great - I'm sure it will be eventually, but I really can't understand how they can launch it when we can't use it. Not only was our training woeful, but the system is so plagued with errors that even when we know what to do - the system won't do it. I was getting very stressed about this & actually found myself in tears at home, than Darren snapped me out of it. I can't fix it so I need to not let it bother me. So I totally swung the other way & just totally ignored it for a week. Today I made a little headway into understand some of the processes but the errors stuff it up, so I'll just keep plodding along - at least everyone is in the same boat.

On Saturday morning we went to LOOK at prams - so of course we brought one! (I did make them write on the receipt that we could have a full refund if required though!) We got a Steelcraft Strider DLX - it is a travel system but we didn't buy the capsule bit - cause baby will probably only use it for 6 months & we'd need another seat anyway. We did get the bassinet & the stroller bit though. You should have seen Darren kicking the tires & checking the welds! He was amazed by Babies Galore & kept saying "what's that?" "what does that do?" "Do we need one of them?" - they are having a massive sale this weekend - so we may go back & get a car seat.

We have our first scan a week from today (26th) so fingers crossed that all is well & this little one sticks to the end.

2 comments:

Janna said...

Is shopping for baby stuff fun? We've got the pram/stroller put away, we've got the crib up in the baby's room in pieces, the only thing we don't have is a baby, and a car seat. The car seat we're not buying until we have a referral.
As for work, when it stresses me out I like to recite the Serenity prayer, "Lord, give me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference". It helps. Sometimes we get so bogged down with whatever is stressing us out that sometimes we forget that we can't do anything to change it.

As for the barfing, I feel for you. At least this might help get rid of your gag reflex?

Janna said...

Make sure you let me know ASAP how your ultrasounds went!