Wednesday, October 7, 2009

HOW?

How do I get pregnant? - not technically obviously - but how?
After 10 years of all sorts of up & downs & meds & natural stuff & doing nothing & going back on the pill & giving up & applying to be foster carers - How does this happen!!!

We are currently sitting at 6 weeks & 2 days pregnant - & I still don't know how. I'm happy, worried, excited, scared, obsessing, stressing & in dream land all at once. I'm constantly repeating the same little mantra in my head all day "easy pregnancy, healthy baby" it's all I can think about.

I'm more teary than usual, can't watch the news. I'm extra gaggy (if that's a word) I'm bad enough normally. I'm tired, so, so tired. I'm so, so bloated!

Darren is great, so proud of himself & so excited. He is looking after me so well. This will be a massive learning curve for him. Last night he said "so the baby needs what, 3 or 4 grow suits?" I just shook my head - he has no idea. He is asking about camping next Easter - I'll be around 7 & 1/2 months then - I suggested we waited a little longer before we worry about the logistics of getting my fat arse up onto that camping trailer bed - we may need some kind of pulley system. He sometimes doesn't realise when I'm joking.

So now we wait. We have a 9 week scan on the 26th of October to determine how many babies & to make sure it's where it should be. Then the normal 12 week scan. So fingers crossed people!

3 comments:

Janna said...

Wow - 6 weeks 2 days! You have no idea how happy I am for you guys! I'm also hoping (and praying) for an easy pregnancy, healthy baby for you - you deserve it. You're gonna be such a wonderful mom! Did you tell Darren, yeah, he/she will need 3-4 growsuits A DAY? Just let me know when I can start buying for my "niece/nephew". This is great, it's giving me something to focus on besides the adoption! Yeah, it's all about me!

Heh - my verification word is phumm.

Janna said...

Also, it's time to change the ticker at the top of your blog!

Wa@Wawek@Siti ;) said...

Congrats Vicki!!! Keep us updated, yes?! Take care!!