Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Update

So I'm trying to change my countdown ticker over there on the left, after our 2 ultrasounds we now have a new due date 06/06/2010. So that ticker should say 8 weeks & 3 days - I'll get there eventually.

Not too much to report. Had a fairly quiet weekend, topped off by a fantastic baked dinner featuring both beef & lamb on Sunday night. Totally fudged my cooking method & everything turned out great.

Monday morning I walked in the torrential rain to fill 8 vials with my blood. Then hung out on the couch waiting till 1pm when I had to drink my litre of water. By the time Darren came to get me at 3.30 I was busting! Thank God they didn't make me wait too long to go in. Scared myself for a second by confusing my bladder with my uterus - then focused on the little heart beat again. All still looks good.

Got a doctors appointment Thursday to talk about shared care etc & she will also have all the blood test results back. Then we've got Wicked on Friday night - I hope it's good.

4 comments:

Janna said...

Yay! Glad to hear Darren got to see the little one! What did he think? What is this shared care of which you speak? That baked dinner sounds good, it's starting to get cold here, lots of baked dinners in our future. Enjoy Wicked, I've heard the musical itself is pretty good.

Vicki said...

He didn't really say much - a bit overwhelmed I think.I'm not sure what the shared care entails yet - but will find out tonight & update.

Vicki said...

I just realised I'm wearing the same top in both those photos!

Janna said...

Heh - don't worry about it, I'm wearing the same top I wore day before yesterday! It's new & I like it, plus I was too tired to think of something else. Happy 15th anniversary to me!