Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Blood

I have chosen my preferred blood taker & I will no longer go to anyone else!

I had to have blood taken this week to be used in conjunction with the nuchal translucency scan on Friday to determine our probability of any chromosomal abnormalities. I decided to go to pathology at Kareena as they will take blood up til 10.30 at night & this way I could do it out of work hours.

So Darren picked me up after he finished work & we went down there, no-one else was waiting so it didn't take long to get in, but the woman was hopeless, she stabbed me 4 times & got nothing, I've bled more cutting up carrots! She then said that she wouldn't try any more & that I would have to go to Sutherland in the morning & get them to do it. She also said that they opened at 7.30, so I thought at least I won't be too late for work.

Anyway, this morning Dad picks me up & makes sure I get to the place by 7.30, he drops me off & leaves, I go in & there's a lovely sign saying that they don't open til 8 - argh! Then I try to use my mobile & it won't ring out - & it wasn't a reception issue. So I end up accosting some guy for his mobile phone so I can ring my boss & tell her I'll be late.

Thankfully the chick at Sutho is great, & the only reason I didn't just go to her first was because of the work thing - but next time I'm just going straight to her, she takes one jab & gets everything she needs. I was on the train in no time & only ended up being 1/2 an hour late.

1 comment:

Janna said...

Yes, some phlebotomists have a gift. And some definitely don't!