Monday, November 23, 2009

Scan 3

So I'm not an expert at getting images into this blog - but here is the best I can do....




I know - looks like Pinocchio right!

Fortunately that is fingers beside the babies head - not a proboscis!
If you're having trouble deciphering - this is a left side-on view, head at the top. The fingers that are lined up with the nose belong to the hand & arm that were waving around on the babies right hand side.
I've got 4 pictures & this is the best one.

This was the scan that checks for Down Syndrome & some other chromosomal stuff - we passed with flying colours, thank God. Everything looks good & we are still measuring for the early June due date. It is so weird to look at the screen & see something moving around but not being able to feel it inside you. It still seems crazy to me that this is even happening, I feel so lucky.

I've been feeling mostly good. Lots less nausea, although the heat this last weekend knocked me around a bit, on Sunday I ended up just sitting in the bottom of the shower, letting the water run, I was trying to wash my hair but got a bit faint, so just sat down. The cats found it amusing. Sunday night was very hot, until around 12.30 when the cool change came through, I didn't get much sleep though.

We went out Friday night for Louise's birthday to Caringbah Inn. We had a nice dinner & got to catch up a bit with that crowd, but we didn't stay late as Darren had work. I would have stayed & bludged a lift with someone, but I was too tired.
Saturday night we went to a fund raiser, which I didn't know until I got there was actually for a girl I went to school with. We went because the band "Hip Replacement" had my uncles brother in law in it. They were really good, playing lots of oldies. The dance floor was packed the whole time.

Sunday was spent trying to stay cool. The cats love this weather, the bathroom gets really, really hot, in fact we call it the sauna, they get in there on the towel rails & just stretch out in the heat, they can barely open their eyes to look at you when you go in there. Every now & then they run out & lie on the lounge room floor in front of the fan - but not for long.

So scan 4 at around 20 weeks will be done sometime from the 11th of January & I have my first visit to the ante-natal clinic on the 15th of December, & I think there's a doctors visit in there somewhere as well.

3 comments:

Pam in Powhatan VA said...

what a beautiful picture to behold!
glad to hear nausea has subsided somewhat.
no A/C???

+6012 2079 504 mikelaidler@gmail.com said...

Im telling you that that is the exact same picture they gave us of Ayisha. It's a stock pic that they give to everyone!!!

Janna said...

Heh - it does look exactly like Pinocchio. So cute! It's a baby! Inside you! There are not enough words for how COOL that is! I so wish I could be there experiencing this with you. It's killing me that I can't be there. Why can't someone just invent teleportation already!