Tuesday, May 31, 2011

One!































Dear Jack,

My beautiful, funny, cheeky, non-sleeping little chicken! I don't think I'll ever be able to express all the emotions you have brought into mine & Daddy's life in this past year & in the time since we found out that you were on your way to us.

Talk about happy!!
I couldn't believe it when I saw those 2 lines on that stick. I had tested so many of those little plastic sticks over the 11 years that we had been waiting for you - I was stunned to see, finally, a second line appearing!
We couldn't keep a secret & all the Grandparents & Aunties & Uncles & friends & just everyone was so pleased to hear our news.

Talk about sad.
For one whole night we thought we had lost you before you even arrived & thinking about that night still upsets me, because I now know what we would have missed out on - a gorgeous little boy that drives us crazy!

You are now 1 & that first year of your life has flown by in the blink of an eye. Your arrival has wrought many changes in our lives - least of all lack of sleep. You are now our first thought in every decision we make & because of you we will soon be moving to our new house with a yard - just for you!

I love to see you learning & I am convinced you are a genius! You blow me away everyday with the new things that you do, it seems like I only show you a new thing once or twice & you just "get it".
You love to read books & I am so happy about that, I think & hope that books will be something that you & I will share for the rest of our lives.
You love people & are always ready with your beautiful smile to make everyone feel special. Everyone we meet comments on how gorgeous you are & it's always about your big blue eyes & curly, curly blonde hair.

So far you have a mostly happy nature, though you can certainly chuck a good tantrum when you feel it's necessary!

Chicken, we have so many more things to teach you - Daddy & I just can't wait to see what kind of person you grow into - hopefully the best of both of us!

Love, love, love,
Mummy & Daddy.

3 comments:

Janna said...

I absolutely cannot wait to meet you miracle boy Jack. Only 1 year and 3 months to go! Love you guys!

Jody said...

That is so beautifully written Vicki....very touching !

Yan said...

did u make me cry again???!!!!!!!!! :p