Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Then



At this moment last year I was in labour with the child I thought I'd never have, and in 14.5 hours I would be holding the screaming, shriveled, pink baby I thought I'd never hold.


How my life has changed!

I used to stay up all night because Jess was over & we were watching stupid TV or playing video games.

I used to get a shower everyday.

I used to get to pee without yelling out "I'll be right back - just a minute - it's ok!"

I used to watch the news - not Iggle Piggle.

I used to shop for myself.

I used to bathe alone.

I used to get drunk.

I used to read all night.

I used to sleep-in every weekend.

I used to talk to my friends more than once a month.

I used to not smell like vomit.

I used to gag at baby poop.

I used to have more topics to talk about.

I used to really, really want a baby.

Now - I couldn't be happier!!!!!



2 comments:

Janna said...

Great post - you made my cry, so thanks for that! I'll be sending a little something for the birthday boy soon. Happy birthday to Darren, too, by the way!

Tracey Robbo said...

Well said!